Thursday, March 4, 2010

3/4 - Janie Crowe, Thomas Cobb

Janice Crowe   "Five Minutes for Mom"
Hi, we are Janice and Susan, identical twins and founders of 5 Minutes for Mom.  Our mission at 5 Minutes for Mom.com is to provide an essential, go-to site for moms that entertains and informs, while promoting the online mom community. JandJ-headshot-150pix.jpgI am Janice. I have one six year old boy named Jackson and a one year old baby girl named Olivia. (I still need to update this photo… it's me with Jackson when he was four.) Between changing diapers and shuttling my son to school and after school activities Jackson, you can find my typing away at my laptop on my kitchen table. I am a writer and a former youth worker. I loved my job working with teens, but I wanted to spend more energy focusing on my family. So, in 2004, I became a WAHM and I love my career online.  Susan and JuliaI'm Susan and mom to Julia and Sophia. Julia is three and Sophia is one — two weeks younger than Janice's baby Olivia. (Again with the outdated photos… this is Susan and Julia when Julia was about nine months old.) After three and a half years of infertility, Julia was an incredible surprise. And then the Lord blessed us again with little Sophia. I am ecstatic to be their mom, and I feel so blessed to be able to work at home with them. Before motherhood, I was a software developer working long hours. Because I was trying to have a baby, I knew I needed to find work that was more compatible to family life.  So Janice and I, along with our mom Joan Winter, began our online business. We run two online stores http://www.PedalCarsAndRetro.com and http://www.A-Rockin-Horse-To-Love.com. It has been an incredible experience and we have learned so much.

Thomas Cobb 'Crazy Heart"At the age of fifty-seven, Bad Blake is on his last legs. His weight, his ticker, his liver, even Crazy Hearthis pick-up truck are all giving him trouble. A renowned songwriter and "picker" who hasn't recorded in five years, Bad now travels the countryside on gigs that take him mostly to motels and bowling alleys. Enter Ms. Right. Can Bad stop living the life of a country-western song and tie a rope around his crazy heart? Thomas Cobb was born in Chicago , Illinois and grew up in Tucson , Arizona . He is the author of the novel Shavetail and the short story collection Acts of Contrition. He lives in Rhode Island with his wife. Movie up for "Best Picture at Oscar's  this weekend and star Jeff Bridges best actor nominee.


No comments:

Post a Comment