Monday, December 13, 2010

12/13 - Don Rubinstein

Dr Soda - Don Rubinstein
I founded Dr Soda in 1984 with $350. My first job in the soft drink business was way back in 10th grade selling ICE COLD COKE at the Memphis Blue's Baseball Games at the Fairgrounds in Memphis.  I later followed my golf dreams to become a caddy on the PGA Tour, where I had many inredible adventures, & met everyone I ever dreamed about meeting.  While on tour, I also wound up working with ABC Sports along side the greats in the industry. Chris Shenkel, Dave Marr, Byron Nelson, Chuck Howard, Jim Jennett, Bob Goodrich and even the immortal Henry Longhurst.  After finding my way to California, I stayed in the golf business until I started Dr Soda in 1984. Everything that did come around, came around...so the saying is true. Life is very good to me only because those i have found myself surrounded by have been better to me than I feel I have been to them. Our Dr Soda family consists of 21 fun hard working team members.  Yes, I am married to Kim (after just 1 date) for 25 years. We are always proud of our 2 girls, Elizabeth & Christina.  I have learned several things in building Dr Soda. One is that size definately does not matter. It is about quality, at least in my mind. We Are Now A Company Of Over $4,000,000 In sales. The Growth Of Our Company Has Been Slow And Steady So As Not To Loose Focus Of What We Do & Who We Do It For. If it comes to the point of not being fun, I will stop doing this and shut the doors, but for now, I am having a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment